Thursday, January 9, 2014

UPDATE: Resolved

January 21: The Unoa L-Bi I had traded for arrived today. It was shipped Saturday Jan 18 -- though I have still received no contact whatsoever from RockScientist/Suuchan.


I have not gotten it yet, but my roommate unpacked it and said it's fine.

I can't even say how happy I am that this is over.

I need to thank the BJD community...

I am so grateful for all the help. The tips, advice, information and support was so appreciated, I can't even say thanks enough.


I am considering this trade finished/resolved, though unsatisfactory. I would not ever do business with this person again.

Thank you again *many many many hugs*
 
______________________________________________________________________


EDIT: I now know that she has been on DOA (She is Suuchan there) Jan 3,  and Den of Demons Saturday Jan 11 (she is Suuchan there as well), which is narrowing down the possibility that something happened too her to make her disappear. If she can log on elsewhere she can message me back.

I have reposted this on DOA, Dairyland, my old LJ, the Bad Dolly Deals on LJ, Deviantart and my local yahoo group.

I have pmed her on DOA, and I have emailed her.

Thanks to helpful community members I will be filing a report with the IC3.

I have her facebook page and Aim.

I am not ready to post her full name yet...I'm still hoping she'll do the right thing and send the doll back or at least finish the trade.

If anyone feels like reposting this anywhere, feel free. I would love to have it everywhere it can be. Anymore info about her is also appreciated.

I can't thank you enough. The BJD community has just been so amazing the last few days. I've cried many happy tears *so many hugs* Thank you <3333


_____________________________________________________________
So it really looks like my doll was stolen.

I kept holding out hope that it would come back to me after not being claimed, but no. It was delivered after all....

Here's the story:
Dec 29 I made a deal for a trade with a member of the MidWest USA doll forum Dairyland who goes by the name of RockScientist. I would send her my Switch Taeheo head on a Souldoll double body and she would send her Unoa L-Bi. She had good feedback, had done several other trades for dolls (including the doll she was offering to me) and it really looked like there shouldn't be a problem.

I sent the doll off as planned and messaged her to let her know.

Nothing.

I didn't hear from her, I didn't get a doll in the mail, she hasn't even logged back onto Dairyland.

The Switch Taeheo was attempted to be delivered on Saturday, Jan 4, and a notice was left. It sat there until yesterday when it was finally claimed.

I still have no doll in return, and have still heard nothing. I pmed her, but if she's not logging on she's not getting it, and even if she is, if she's stolen my doll she isn't going to care.

I've done numerous google searches for this person and turned up next to nothing on her, like, she's not even a member on ANYTHING else on the entire internet. All I've found is that she does live at her address with another relative who could be a father or husband. I can't get in contact with her at all...

The switch head in question has no identifying marks at all, i had given it a faceup but wiped it when I put the doll up for sale. It does have faceup residue in the mouth and eyes, but what head doesn't? It was shipped in the head box with COA and a pair of Dollmore Acrylic eyes in an olive green color. There was a black fur wig I had made for it a long with.....trimmed in the back.
I was storing the broken finger in it's head, if she never removed it, it may still be there, but I seriously doubt it.

The Souldoll body may be a little easier to identify -- it has a broken pinky finger on the right hand, a full body blush by me, mani-pedi, and the symbol for the angel Uriel on it's back (because it was his body first). I shipped the doll unstrung. Souldoll does not sell extra hands, so the finger will either have to be glued on, or left off.

The doll was sent to League City Texas.


I am still holding out the hope that there was an accident or emergency and somehow this will be resolved,

but the more time that passes the less hope I have...

If not, and it turns out this doll was stolen, I'm asking the BJD community to please be aware of any such dolls in the area, or being sold in this area. I don't believe this person is a member of DOA so I can't really post this there, or do a bad transaction thread.

Dairyland has the policy that members should work things out on their own (no paging threads), but since this person won't log on to the site (if she's run off with my doll, why the hell would she?), I can't do much.

Basically I can't do anything.

This really sucks. I have done so many trades in this hobby and had nothing go wrong....now this.

Yay 2014 :\



  

Like I said, I am still holding out hope that this was somehow a huge misunderstanding, or there was an emergency....so if there is anyone out there in the area who might know anything, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you! Sorry for such a downer post...but the loss of a BJD, especially since I was so excited to get a Unoa in return, has really upset me...

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this happened to you! I don't know what I'd do if one of my dolls got stolen :( Have you tried seeing if they have a DoA account at all, and contact them through there? Alternatively, I'm sure if you went to the police with their address they might be able to do something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it's not something I would wish on anyone!
      I don't think they're on DOA....but I'm asking a mod if they want to check. It would be a good idea to have that info, in case she really turns out to be a scammer. I'm not sure the police will do much, but I thought I'd email them (they have that option! who knew!) and ask.....

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I really hope it's just a misunderstanding and she'll log into the forum and get back to you. You didn't exchange emails?

    This is one of the big reasons trades make me so very nervous and I rarely do them. Keep us up to date on what happens with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm still hoping it's a misunderstanding....or that something happened to her. I mean....I don't want to find out she's hurt or anything, but it's almost better than thinking she's this horrible thief.

      I've done so many trades and never had a problem...I guess I was due :\

      Delete
  3. Man I am so sorry! I've been following this on the few thread's you've mentioned it on DoA and this is such a shitty way to start the new year. :( I wish I was in Texas just so I could do something to help! I really and seriously hope there's someone who reads this and either knows or lives close to her or something that can maybe help. I dunno. I'm just so sorry this has happened. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Seriously the support is enough. The community has been very helpful to me *sobs* I've gotten some more of her information that I didn't have previously. I really hope this can come to a happy ending....

      Delete
  4. That is awful. :( Perhaps things are crazy on her end but even still...this is unacceptable. I hope it all gets worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I understand life getting crazy for sure....which is why I waited so long to start flooding the internet with stolen doll posts. But she's had my doll for days now, it sat in the PO for days and I've not heard one thing from her. Now I've emailed her and pmed her on DOA as well...nothing. I've still been telling her that i understand if something happened, just to send the doll back or finish the trade and that's it. We'll be done. But still nothing.

      She's had a lot of chances, and now that I know her history on DOA, I'm really starting to think it's just been about theft. :( Which is really depressing.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, VA13, this truly sucks! I too hope its all just a misunderstanding, but I agree that this is a felony theft and you should contact the police about this and fill out a report. Do it ASAP!

    Ryu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came to edit this and found your comment!!
      Amazingly, I got the doll I was supposed to receive today!! Still no contact from Suuchan, it just showed up on my porch, but I'm so happy to have this finished...I don't even care. Doll looks ok (according to my roommate) so It's finally over. Yay!!

      Delete